Quantcast
Channel: Pendle Today WWPE.news.syndication.feed
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 10581

Pendle’s housing renewal programme set to proceed

$
0
0

HOUSING renewal schemes across Pendle look set for completion after the Government accepted bids for transitional funding from East Lancashire councils.

The future of schemes in Brierfield, Nelson and Colne had been in doubt after the withdrawal of the HMR programme, but a £7m. bid from Pennine Lancashire was approved on Thursday by Housing Minister Grant Shapps.

Pendle Council leader Coun. Mike Blomeley said: “I am delighted the Government has accepted in full our bid for transitional HMR funding, which for Pendle is for the £1.4m. we asked for.

“This will allow the council to complete a number of outstanding schemes from the Housing Market Renewal programme.

“It is the result of a successful lobbying campaign to highlight a number of problems which still needed a resolution when the HMR schemes were ended.

“I am pleased ministers have responded so positively to our submission, and particularly grateful to Pendle MP Andrew Stephenson for his strong support and effective lobbying.

“We will now be able to make additional progress on schemes in Brierfield, Nelson and Colne over and above the work being progressed through our joint venture company, Pearl (Pendle Enterprise and Regeneration Ltd).

“I am also pleased that bids for funding in other parts of Pennine Lancashire have been fully supported through this welcome announcement.”

Mr Stephenson said: “I am pleased the housing minister listened to the case Pendle Council and I made, and has responded positively.

“This is good news for economic and housing regeneration in Pendle.”

The schemes which will now be completed are in the Railway Street, Holden Road and Clitheroe Road areas of Brierfield, the Whitefield and Bradley wards in Nelson and the North Valley and Walton Street areas in Colne.


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 10581

Trending Articles